The elementary school at the American International School of Budapest is a place where I wish my daughter had the opportunity to be educated. The ES has all the hallmarks of a very good school striving to be a great school. The advent of the consolidated, purpose built campus, the willingness of faculty to meet the objectives of the Strategic Plan, and a parent community committed to providing continued support for the development of their children ensure a school that is moving forward.
KEY COMPONENTS OF THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AT AISB
- A highly qualified and professional faculty who are committed to inspiring all students in their care
- A purpose built state-of-the-art facility opening in August, 2009
- A school day schedule that maximizes learning, balances nutrition and play, and provides students with opportunities to pursue the arts, as well as core subjects. See Balanced School Day
- A robust co-curricular after school activities program
- A warm, caring, and nurturing environment that places the needs of children above all else
- A language-rich curriculum that encourages children to use English language and increase their vocabularies while incorporating reading and writing into their everyday lives
- An environment where risk-taking and reaching for best are encouraged without fear of failure
- A strong English as a Second Language program helps those children new to the English language to acquire the vocabulary and skills necessary to become independent learners
- A strong Parent School Association that supports the learning of children
I look forward to all of you reading this to become part of the thriving AISB community.
Elementary School Principal